Hello loves, and happy summer! We are in full on summer, officially anyway, and the foods that we need start to shift to help with the heat and humidity that makes summer, summer. I created this salad months ago when it started to warm up and am now addicted to it. When I say this is my new face summer salad…well THIS is my new summer salad! It is zesty, refreshing, and it just tastes good.
What Ya Need
2 Avocados Large Ripe Rough Chopped
1 Cucumber sliced in rounds (not too thick, but can slice as thin liked)
1/2 red onion sliced thinly in rounds
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/2 cup avocado oil
2-3 TBS fresh chopped dill
2-3 cloves minced garlic (depends how garlicky you want it to be)
Salt and Pepper to taste (you want to be heavy on the salt because the cucumbers will release water while sitting)
What Ya Do
- Add the lemon juice, dill (start with small amount and increase based on taste needs), and garlic, to a small glass bowl.
- Using a wire whisk add in the avocado oil and whisk to emulsify the oil with the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper heavily as the cucumbers will release additional water so you want to be sure that the dressing will not be diluted down.
- Taste dressing for a slight saltiness and if it is zesty enough.
- In another bowl add the cucumbers and red onion, toss to combine.
- Add in the cubed ripe avocado and add some of the dressing.
- Toss to combine adding more of the dressing as needed.
- For the best flavor impact let sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours or even overnight. The onions and cucumbers will become translucent.
- Taste before serving to see if additional salt and pepper are needed.
- Enjoy this refreshing salad.
Hope you enjoy the summer and remember to keep hydrated with water, as well as through the foods that you eat, and be sure to protect your skin from the sun as much as possible, through SPF or protective clothing!
Much Love, Nic
Do you need help with making changes to your skin and body health but not sure where to start or how to? Schedule a one on one session with me–> 💌